Digital Learning

Wednesday, March 25, 2020
I know many of us educators are chartering unknown waters at this time. In a time when digital technology is all around us, how do we turn our classrooms into 100% digital without warning or training. Don't worry you are not alone. I can sympathize with parents trying to "homeschool" their own children, as I sit here and try to teach my own 4th and 5th grade children. My 14 years of classroom experience did not fully prepare me or any of my colleagues for this. I love that our superintendent told us to just to do the best we can! They are not holding up this bar and expecting teachers to reach these unreachable goals. Our district checked out Chromebooks to families that did not have enough technology for digital learning, free lunch/dinner provided for our free and reduced population, some even had the food delivered to their homes if needed and much more.

I'm living by the mantra JUST BREATHE!

As a gifted and talented teacher, most of our classwork is done with group work or hands on. Moving to a digital platform is a challenge that I feel like I'm slowly tackling everyday. I'm blessed to have such wonderful parents who are supporting me!

I'm currently working on a STEAM Challenge packet for homebound students! Praying that we can get back to the grind and see our babies soon!

Things my family and I are enjoying today outdoor recess and my outdoor office!


No comments